Few days ago Google started rolling out Google Assistant to users in some regions, but in case you want to give it a try here is how you can get it on your phone.
Update: Now you just need to set English (United States) as default language and have the latest beta version of Google app and Google Play Services app installed on your phone.
Following are the steps which you need to perform in order to get Google Assistant on your phone,
How to Activate Google Assistant in Xiaomi Mi Smartphone :-
- Make sure you have already signed up for Google Beta and have the latest Beta app installed.
- Sign up for Google Play Services Beta Program athttps://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.google.android.gms
- Set the default language as English (united States). Go to Settings —> Additional Settings —> Languages & input —> Languages to do the same.
- Go to Settings —> Installed Apps —> Google Play Services —> Uninstall Updates (If you are unable to click on Uninstall updates option then kindly go to Settings —> Additional Settings —> Privacy —> Device administrators —> Android Device Manager and disable it and then go to Go toSettings —> Installed Apps —> Google Play Services —> Uninstall Updates).
- As soon as you uninstall updates a pop-up window will appear and it will ask you to choose a backup account. Choose the backup account signed into your phone.
- Restart your phone.
- Go to Play store and update Google Play Services (If you are unable to find Google Play Services, then simply click on Google app on your phone and it will redirect you)
- After the Play Services are updated, press and hold the home button for some time. You will get Google Assistant on your phone.
Note: Kindly do not change the language even after getting assistant otherwise, it will not work. Comment below if it works for you also.
If you are facing device is locked error then kindly do the following steps:
- Clear cache of Google app (Settings —> Installed apps —> Google)
- Go to Settings —> Lock screen & Password —> Set Screen Lock
- Confirm with your existing password. Then turn Off Lock.
- Exit to home screen.
- Again turn it ON using the same steps given above.
How to unlock Google Assistant in your Device
Devices on which it is working (As confirmed by users)
- Redmi Note 4 Google Assistant
- Redmi Note 3 Google Assistant
- Redmi 3S Prime Google Assistant
- Redmi 3S Google Assistant