Amazon Wallet enables you to digitally store items you usually keep in your physical wallet, such as gift cards, loyalty cards, and membership cards. These cards are stored on your device, and do not sync across any other compatible Amazon devices or apps registered to your Amazon account. Amazon Wallet Android App Coming Soon
- 1 Amazon Wallet Coming Soon
- 2 Amazon Wallet Payments FAQ
- 2.1 What is Amazon Payments?
- 2.2 How do I sign up?
- 2.3 Am I protected when I use Amazon Payments?
- 2.4 Is my payment information shared with anyone?
- 2.5 What payment methods can be used with Amazon Payments?
- 2.6 Can I get a bank account added and verified today?
- 2.7 Is it safe to let Amazon use my bank account login credentials to verify my bank account?
- 2.8 I don’t have a bank account login. I do have a bank, though. Can I still verify my bank account with Amazon Payments?
- 2.9 My business uses a corporate bank account. Can I use that?
- 2.10 Why do I need to provide security questions and answers?
- 2.11 Can I change my security questions and answers?
- 2.12 What if I forget my security questions and answers?
- 2.13 How do I change my account information?
- 2.14 How do I make a payment?
- 2.15 How do I withdraw funds from my Amazon Payments Account?
- 2.16 I think I just received a phishing email. What do I do?
- 2.17 I’m having a problem with my account or with trying to complete a purchase using my account. What do I do?
Amazon Wallet Coming Soon
As of January 21, 2015, we no longer support Amazon Wallet on Fire phone. You can continue to use gift, loyalty, and membership cards you’ve added to Amazon Wallet. However, your balance for gift cards will no longer update in your Amazon Wallet. You’ll need to track your balance using another method, such as contacting the merchant. We recommend that you back up your cards through another method and no longer rely on the app to store important information.
|To do this…||Do this…|
|View card details||Select a card to view more information.|
|Delete a card||Press and hold a card, and then tap Remove.|
|View and refresh the balance||The balance displayed may not be your current balance. As the app is no longer supported, balance information isn’t updated for your cards.|
Amazon Wallet Payments FAQ
What is Amazon Payments?
Amazon Payments is a service that provides you with the ability to send payments for goods or services by using the payment methods already associated with your Amazon.com account. To make a payment, you can use a credit card, debit card, bank account, or Amazon Payments Account balance.
How do I sign up?
You will be prompted automatically to sign up for an account when you make your first payment with Amazon Payments. If you already have an Amazon.com account, we will set up a Personal Account with Amazon Payments that allows you to send payments using credit cards. There is no separate registration process.
If you want to pay by using a bank account, you can enhance your Personal Account. There are a several account types to choose from. See What Is a Personal Account? for more information about the account types available.
Am I protected when I use Amazon Payments?
If there are ever unauthorized Amazon Payments charges against your credit card or bank account, you can dispute the charge with us. Depending on how quickly you notify us about any unauthorized transactions, you might not be held responsible for those charges. If you submit payment for a product or service and you do not receive the item, or it is materially different than advertised by the merchant, you can dispute the transaction and request reimbursement. See Transaction Disputes for more information.
We do not share your credit card or bank account information with third parties without your consent. You do not need to disclose your payment information to others when you use Amazon Payments. Because your Amazon Payments account is linked to your Amazon.com account, any changes you make to payment methods in your Amazon Payments account will appear on your Amazon.com account (and vice versa).
What payment methods can be used with Amazon Payments?
You can make a payment using credit cards, your bank accounts, or Amazon Payments account balance. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB. To make a payment using your bank account, you will need to complete a bank account verification process through your Amazon Payments account. See Adding a Credit Card for information on adding payment methods to your account. Please note that you cannot use Amazon Gift Cards to pay for purchases with Amazon Payments on third-party websites.
Can I get a bank account added and verified today?
Yes, you can instantly verify a bank account for use with Amazon Payments, as long as you have valid online access credentials to your account with the bank. For more information, see Adding a Bank Account.
Is it safe to let Amazon use my bank account login credentials to verify my bank account?
Amazon never records your credentials in any database, cookie, or browser session. We simply pass your credentials through to your bank to verify the account. When the account is verified, the credentials are no longer available.
I don’t have a bank account login. I do have a bank, though. Can I still verify my bank account with Amazon Payments?
Yes, you can still verify your bank account even though you don’t have online access to it, using the random deposit method of account verification. This method is also secure, but takes longer. For more information, see Adding a Bank Account.
My business uses a corporate bank account. Can I use that?
Yes, you can use your corporate account. However it must be verified directly by Amazon. For more information, see Adding a Corporate Bank Account.
Why do I need to provide security questions and answers?
We use the security questions and the answers that you provided during registration to help protect your account. We’ll ask you to verify your security questions and answers when adding new bank account information to your Amazon Payments account.
Can I change my security questions and answers?
No, you cannot change the security questions and answers that you supplied at the time of account registration.
What if I forget my security questions and answers?
To protect your privacy and financial information, we cannot tell you the answers you supplied at the time of account registration. For the same reason we are unable to allow you to reset the security questions. If you have forgotten your security questions or answers and you need to verify your bank account, you might be able to complete the verification process through alternative procedures. Please contact us to request more information.
How do I change my account information?
You can manage many aspects of your Amazon Payments account on the Amazon Payments website (https://payments.amazon.com). On the Amazon Payments website, log on to your Amazon Payments Account, and then click Edit My Account Settings at the top of the page to manage payments related to your account.
Some of your account information, including your email address and password, can be changed only on Amazon.com. See Managing Your Account for more information.
How do I make a payment?
When you see that Amazon Payments is an accepted payment method for a product or service that you want to purchase, simply click the Amazon Payments logo, enter your Amazon.com email address and password, and then select your payment method. See Buying or Making a Payment for more information.
How do I withdraw funds from my Amazon Payments Account?
If you want to withdraw funds from your Amazon payments account, you can do so by initiating either an Amazon.com Gift Certificate purchase or a transfer to your bank account. To transfer funds to your bank, you must complete the bank account verification process. See Withdrawing Funds from Your Account Balance for more information.
I think I just received a phishing email. What do I do?
If you receive a phishing email message, we ask that you report it as quickly as possible. Please contact us to report a phishing email message. See Internet Scams and Phishing for information about identifying and reporting phishing emails.
I’m having a problem with my account or with trying to complete a purchase using my account. What do I do?
We’re sorry you are experiencing a problem with Amazon Payments. Here are some steps you can try:
- Verify that you are entering the email address and password that are associated with your Amazon.com account correctly when you are trying to complete a purchase.
- If you can enter your account email address and password, but you cannot complete your purchase, please check that your payment method is set up correctly. You can do so by following the steps listed in Changing Your Account Settings.
- If your payment method is set up correctly, but you still cannot complete your purchase, please use the contact us form in Amazon Payments.
- If you cannot create an Amazon.com account or you do not have an Amazon.com account, please go to the Amazon.com web site (http://www.amazon.com), click the “Help” link at the top-right corner, click the Contact us Button, click the Skip sign in button, and then follow the instructions on the page. You can contact us by email, or you can request a phone call from Customer Service.